Welcome to the Stone Gate Farm Horse Trials. Please read the information below and even if you have been coming here for years please read as we have changed a few things...
- Letter from the secretary:
First of all, thank you for entering SGF's fall horse trial. There a quite a few people that are either missing paperwork, signatures or monies due. All on-line entries must have a signed signature page. Please go to the link below and check your entry status on Start Box Please come prepared to pay, sign or supply any missing items. Please do not give me cash for a stall deposit as I leave on Sunday for home at the conclusion of the competition. Therefore, I may not be there, or may not have time to check your stall and refund your cash. Payment of any other monies due by cash is preferred. Please bring the correct change. It would be greatly appreciated. Checks will be accepted if you cannot provide cash. Those with missing paperwork - please bring a copy if possible of coggins. Presigned signature pages where they are missing would be helpful, but I have them on hand if you don't have a copy to sign and bring. Last, but not least, since there are quite a few with missing items, please allow yourself enough time to get through check in and make your ride times. Once again, thank your or your entries and your patience. I look forward to seeing you and hope you all have a safe, enjoyable and successful competition.
Sincerely, Penne Colao
- Start Times & Stabling Assignments:
- Start times & stabling assignments will be available Wed. evening Sept 18th on Start Box. The overall schedule currently was sent in a previous e-mail it has been tweaked slightly and has been changed on the the earlier post. Be sure to check the overall schedule in your program for the breaks when Show Jumping will be available for walking
- Results can be accessed anytime during the competition by going to the above link. Be sure to send the link to family and friends who won’t be coming with you so they can keep up to date on you results. If you have smart phone or an i-pad you can check your scores anywhere anytime. Scores will be posted in the dome and and in the small metal building in the middle near the day parking.
- Cross Country Maps are available @ My Course Walk. I hope to have show jumping courses availble soon, so be sure to check back.
- Packets: we will have express check in for those who have complete and correct entries. There will be an alpha list and you can help yourself to your packet. ALL packets will be up at the house ONLY. You may want to pull in at the day parking lot to pick up your packets before heading to stabling. For those who don't have complete entries; allow a little.
- Competitors who DO NOT have complete entries MUST have what they need to make your entry complete before you will be given a number.
- We will be using paper pinnies. The plastic pinny holders can be purchased at the tack shop which will be on grounds
- Please note: The drive to stabling is ONE WAY! DO NOT drive in the neighbor’s corn field! They are generous enough to allow us to use their drive, please don’t jeopardize that by driving in their field. We are going to try to leave the drive open during dressage (we have done this for a year now and it works quite well if people are considerate) as a convenience to competitors and to keep horses off the cross country course as much as possible. However we have a few requests:
- if there is a horse doing their test in Ring 2 (closest to the drive) please wait until their test is completed before going down the drive
- it is requested that people get to and from the warm up through the pasture/cross country course especially if you have a dog or child in tow ;)
- those who are in the day parking field are asked to access the warm up are via Schneider Rd.
- Starter competitors ONLY may access the dressage warm up through the cross country course
- All levels and divisions will be doing the B Dressage Tests EXCEPT for Starters who will be doing Beginner Novice Test A
- The shuttle service will be running on Sat. We will have pick ups will be at the house, near the ‘dome’ near stabling barn & stadium. A phone number will be posted.
- Awards: All divisions will have ribbons through 8th place and an award for 1st place. In addition several pairs of Equiflexsleeves. Be sure to visit Mary Liebold booth on Sat to check out these innovative products. For those who may have to leave before picking up your ribbon there will be envelops available that you can address and leave with $2 for mailing the ribbon to you. There will be additional awards that will be listed in the program
- The stall number is painted on the cement footer in front of the stall
- Initial bedding of chopped straw will be provided.
- The lights in the barn run off a generator and will be shut off at 11:00PM on Fri. You may want to bring a flashlight or head lamp. Stalls 59 - 70 do not have lights
- All stalls have gates. We have made improvements, but you may still have to lift up a little to make them easier to handle.
- Stalls must be stripped to have the ‘muck check’ destroyed
Directions and/or maps can be found at here. The link includes the following:
- written directions and pics
- Link to Google Map of Stone Gate Farm: You can find directions to the farm, motels and off site stabling. can be found at above link
- Satellite Map of the farm will help you find your way around the farm which can be accessed at the link above. Please refer to the map so you know where you are going. For those who have been coming for years may want to check out the map as well as the Show Jumping warm up is in a different location.
I think that's it for now. Here's hoping for good weather and a great weekend of 'eventing' !