May 7th Update:
It's crunch time but just a few quick notes:
- we're re-instituting the dipping buckets in the stabling area to help prevent transmission of "bugs"
- the dressage arenas have new footing
- we have added sand to the bare spots in the final show jumping warm up
- we have purchased electronic timers for show jumping
- we have a MoJo is sponsoring a "closest to optimum time" (with on jumping penalties) award.
See you this weekend
April 21st Updates:
- Entry Status is now available on Start Box. For those who have entered please check to make sure we have everything correct. If you need to make any additions and or corrections please e-mail the secretary. If you entered via X Entry & do NOT see your name; it is because we have not yet received your paperwork and payment.
- Bedding: one bale if straw is provided. Shavings can be ordered at $7/bag. Please click here to order. Orders must be received by Wed. May 8th
- Cross Country Course Maps are now available on My Course Walk. Pictures will be available after the course is flagged and numbered. We're happy to announce that the winners of ALL divisions will receive a FREE My Course Walk app for their i phone or i pad.
- TIP Awards have arrived and this year the best scoring TB at each level who has sent in their horse's TIP number (scroll down for more info on registering your TB) will receive a championship ribbon, Beginner Novice - Prelim will receive a TIP tote bag and prize money and Starter will receive a TIP stall plaque.
TIP Awards New Prelim Sawmill Table
|Front View with Sawmill Blade|
|Sawmill Table - side view|
|The TR3's Maiden Voyage|
We're still in desperate need of volunteers!! If you're available before, during or after the event please fill out the volunteer form or e-mail me.
That's it for now. More updates to come.
April 8th Updates: If you have not already entered the Winona Horse Trials; April 9th is the last date to enter and still be eligible for the "early bird" discount. There are openings at all levels and on grounds stalls are still available. Also a reminder that the Starter division will run all three phases on Sat and are not required to pay the USEA starter fees.
Spring has finally decided to make an appearance in NE OH and the ground at Stone Gate Farm is nice and firm and that's not because it is frozen. For those who have not been able to get out and about this spring; please note that we are dry and allowing schooling (weather permitting) until April 21st. After that date we will begin moving fences into place for the event and no schooling will be allowed.
We are beginning to make updates on the courses, building a few new jumps and we are patiently awaiting the arrival of our new TR3 arena drag which levels, loosens and puts on a final finishing touch to better prepare the footing in all the arenas.
|This is NOT Dave or our farm ;)|
For more information on the Winona Horse Trials, scroll down for more useful links.
March 26th Post:
It's hard to believe that today, March 26th, is the opening date for the Winona Horse Trials when there is snow on the ground! But I have faith that spring will finally arrive soon and that we WILL have a great event in May.
|View of the water jump taken 3/25/13|
I also want to remind you of a few perks for entering early:
- all opening date entries will be eligible to win a full set of the Success in the Saddle DVD's volumes 1 - 4
- all complete entries that postmarked by April 9th will be eligible for the 'early bird' discount which is $20 lower than entries postmarked after that date
- all entries that are postmarked by April 9th are given an extra week to withdraw if necessary and receive a full refund less a $25 office fee
- early entries have a better chance of getting on-grounds stabling and requesting particular stalls or barns
- early entries make life easier for the secretary which makes for a happy secretary and happy secretary makes for .... well a happy secretary which is good for everyone ;)
Once again we will be using Start Box Scoring of data entry and scoring. Entry status, start times and results will be available here Be sure to bookmark this page as it will be the same link for both recognized Horse Trials and Mini Trials.
We will also be using the Snap Snap texting service which will allow you to receive text messages as to when scores are posted, updates regarding schedules and more. Click here to sign up for Snap Snap.
I'm hoping to have the time to do our courses with the Course Walk app so that those of you with smart phones can walk your courses using a virtual map complete with pictures. If anyone lives in the area and would like to get a sneak peek at the courses and would like to walk the courses with the course walk app and take pictures ... let me know.
TIP awards are back again this year. To streamline the entry process, be sure to get your horse a TIP number and send it in with your entry.
As always we have a few new fences planned for this year. The Preliminary corner will be replaced with a new friendlier version as well as a new sawmill table. The farm is also sporting it's version on the 'Rolex log' without the carved squirrel and acorns ;)
|The Stone Gate version of the 'Rolex Log'|
Finally, we could always use a few more good volunteers. Even if you're riding; you could always come ahead of time and help set up or come afterwards and help put everything away. For more information on becoming a volunteer click here.
Hope to see you at Winona in some capacity.