Despite all the rain and canceling cross country for the Winona Horse Trials I think we may have stumbled onto something that worked quite well; show jumping in the dressage arenas. I received many positive comments about show jumping in the sand rings and many people were wishing that we could show jump there all the time. I have actually been thinking about having a show jumping ring on relatively level ground with all weather footing but I couldn't figure out where to put it. For the last year I have been looking and walking the neighbor's land near the stabling and dreaming about the possibilities. Unfortunately the land isn't available at this time, but we're working on it. So what are we to do?
That's where you come in, after all the decision affects you the competitor not me, although I do think it's easier setting up the show jumping in the rings as opposed to the current show jumping area. If we cannot buy more land; would you be willing to have dressage moved to the current show jumping area and move the show jumping to the dressage rings? If we can buy more land would you prefer to have the dressage in a more secluded area and show jump in the dressage rings or have a separate new area for show jumping and leave the dressage arenas where they are?
I would appreciate your input as we are talking of a potential big investment or at the least a big change of phase location and footing.
Thanks very much for your input.