Hunter Pace Update - well the weather man was wrong - no rain; in fact it was a beautiful day for a Hunter Pace. For those who stayed home because you thought it was going to rain, you missed a great day! Check out the pictures at Casual Creations
|Even Sadie & I were having fun at the Hunter Pace|
Pre Hunter Pace Notice:
It's that time of year again; the SGF Fall Hunter Pace is Sun Sept 30th. Below is a list of Rules & Reminders for the Hunter Pace. Registration will be at the front porch of the house and to save time click here for an entry form which you can bring with you or better yet fill out the on-line entry form and pay when you arrive. Keep in mind that the jumping entries close @ 11:00, the flat entries close @ 1:00 and trail riders close @ 1:30.
Just a reminder that we have added TWO minutes to the optimum time to give you plenty of time to get a drink. The course is quite a bit different than in the past so please be sure to review your map before heading out on course.
Coopers will have their concession stand set up behind the house.
We will be holding the pace rain or shine so please plan accordingly.
Hope to see you Sun.
Speeds Used to Calculate the Optimum Time
ALL Ideal Times include a 2 minute Cider Break
Flat / Hilltoppers: 200 mpm
Trail Riders: 160mpm
Rules and Reminders
- Jumping teams must jump or attempt to jump all the fences
- Riders may by pass a fence only after 3 attempts or circles
- The jumps mark the course as well as fence ribbon, arrows and mowed paths. Flat teams should pass closely to the jumps
- All team members must finish the course to be considered for the final placing
- The last team member to cross the finish line is the team’s time. If you are the last member of your team please tell the timer that you are the last rider and your team number
- Riders must wear boots with heels & hard hats
- The jumping warm up is in the dressage ring nearest to the pond. Please use caution as you will be in the middle of the course. Flat warm up and the final holding area will be in the new jumping ring. Please NO jumping in this area.
- You can get to the warm up by going past the announcers tower & between 2 tall telephone poles & directly down the hill. Go past the barns and follow the drive to the warm up area.
- Please use caution when going to and from the warm up; you will be crossing the course
- Please be prepared to start at your scheduled time. The order of go will be numerical.
- When passing teams, please do so no faster than a trot & only where is can be done safely
- Only jump flagged obstacles No schooling of fences. Once you have jumped a fence please continue on the course
- Non jumping teams may jump any of the flagged obstacle TWO minutes have been added to the ‘ideal time’ for the Cider Break
- When you pass the two silver gates please WALK to the finish.
- At the completion of your rider please put your number in the laundry basket near the covered bleachers.
- Please stay to the edge of the fields
Have a Great Ride!